Pastor Steve and Sis. Cathy Coburn
Pastor Steve and Sis. Cathy have lived in the St. Marys-Mendon, Oh. area for 22 yrs.
Pastor Steve was called to preach in 1983, and was called to Pastor in 1985. Sis. Cathy has a heart for children and heads up our Children’s Church program.
They are dedicated to the calling God has placed on their lives. They have a heart for the lost and hurting, and have a vision to see souls saved for the Kingdom of God.
They are parents to 3 children and grandparents to 5 grandchildren.
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God. (Ps. 119, Mat. 4:4, Lk. 24:27)
- There is one God, eternally coexistent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (1 Jn. 5:7)
- In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His Virgin Birth, His Sinless Life, His Miracles, His Vicarious and Atoning Death, His Bodily Resurrection, His Ascension to the Right Hand of the Father, His personal future return to this Earth in Power and Glory to rule a thousand years. (Jn. 1:1-4, Eph. 2:13-18, Rev. 19-20)
- In The Blessed Hope–the Rapture of the Church at Christ’s Coming. (1 Thess.4:13-18)
- The only means of being cleasened from sin is through Repentance and Faith in the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. (Rom. 5:1,Eph.2:8-9,13-18)
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal Salvation. (Jn.3:5-8,Titus 3:5)
- The Redemptive Work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer. (Ex.15:25-26,James5:14-15,1Peter 2:24)
- The Baptism with the Holy Spirit accompained with the initial physical evidence of Speaking with Other Tongues. (Acts. 2:4, 10:44-46,19:1-7)
- In the Sanctifying Power of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life. (Rom.6:3-14,8:1-2,11)
- In the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to Everlasting Life the other to everlasting damnation. (Rev.20:5-6,11-15)